SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took my Saab to an independent shop and they believe the P0606 code I found is the cause of my issue and I've seen a youtube video showing similar behavior to what my car is doing. Im not getting the throttle body code though. The only other code it's spitting out is related to the EVAP system P0411

Does anyone have any idea what a former dealer that's still offering service on Saab's would charge for this job?
I live in the greater Twin Cities in Minnesota if anyone could perhaps point me to other shops that could do it and help me find a replacement PCM if that's the issue.

·
Registered
2003 Saab 9-3 Linear
54 Posts
At my shop it would be about $600-$700 here in CT. That's assuming you have the 2.0T. There's a guy in Taiwan that custom builds heat insulators for 2.0 ECUs that charges a fair price. I think mine was $70 shipped. It's good insurance to have.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
At my shop it would be about $600-$700 here in CT. That's assuming you have the 2.0T. There's a guy in Taiwan that custom builds heat insulators for 2.0 ECUs that charges a fair price. I think mine was $70 shipped. It's good insurance to have.
Guessing that's for the price of a ECU sourced from an official channel?
and yes, B207L.

·
Registered
2003 Saab 9-3 Linear
54 Posts
Yeah, that's for an ECU that has been sourced from a good salvage yard and includes programming, labor, and tax as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts