SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I bought this Saab about a month ago and when i bought it i noticed no radio or SID. Now i know there is a lot of posts about this issue. I wanted to ask people and get a bit more info before i try anything. I've checked the fuses to the radio and the SID and they aren't blown the radio has power to the backlights that illuminate the buttons but thats it. The SID doesn't light up and the buttons for it don't work, not even the night panel switch button. all of that doesn't work. So i was trying to figure out if the AMP1 would take out the radio AND the SID and if so i'll try the bypass and if not what should i look for and is it possible they come unplugged easy? Thank you and i hope to get some help, I LOVE MY SAAB! its my first one and i'm already planning on getting my Lovely lady one. thank you!

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Hello! I bought this Saab about a month ago and when i bought it i noticed no radio or SID. Now i know there is a lot of posts about this issue. I wanted to ask people and get a bit more info before i try anything. I've checked the fuses to the radio and the SID and they aren't blown the radio has power to the backlights that illuminate the buttons but thats it. The SID doesn't light up and the buttons for it don't work, not even the night panel switch button. all of that doesn't work. So i was trying to figure out if the AMP1 would take out the radio AND the SID and if so i'll try the bypass and if not what should i look for and is it possible they come unplugged easy? Thank you and i hope to get some help, I LOVE MY SAAB! its my first one and i'm already planning on getting my Lovely lady one. thank you!
Yes, the Amp1 would affect both the radio and the SID at the same time if it went bad. Very common problem.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahhh I see. I've just heard numerous times that the amp1 doesn't affect the SID. So i will order the bypass and post my results and findings when i bypass it. personally i'd rather have the SID working than the radio, turbo sounds better than any song i can find haha. Thank you for the help. hope it works :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts