Wow. Far more involved than I'd imagined. Many thanks for the help!If you're talking about the rear panel this is the process for '01 vert and I think '03 vert is the same.
I friggen hate these seatbelts - I don;t think they are designed to last 15+ years. I've replaced 4 or 5 with used ones between two verts and they seem to last a year and then work like crap or cease to function at all.
- Remove the plastic fastener or screw holding the door sill, push the sill down while pushing forward to remove it and then count the number of plastic clips you broke...
- Pry the screw cover facing the front and remove the front screw.
- Pull the rear seat out so you can access the panel's lower plastic fasteners and remove them.
- Pull the rear seat-back forward and remove the plastic fastener and machine screw from the back side of the panel.
- Pry the courtesy lights out and disconnect their wires.
- Remove the seat belt guide on top.
- Open the soft-top and the windows.
- Pull the bottom of the panel away from the frame so it is loose.
- Grab the entire panel and pull it straight upwards. There is a guide pin underneath the panel's rear top edge mounted in a tall plastic spacer that is glued to the panel. If you are not careful (actually even if you are careful) the spacer will rip off the panel and you will need to glue it back. Pretty sure the plastic pin has an aggressive tab so it takes some force to pop it out. I think there is another pin on top further forward so you might want to buy replacements. If they are in poor condition the panel will probably start rattling...