SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am new to this forum, I stumbled across this forum searching the internet for Saab brake problems. I have a 2003 Saab 9-3 2.0t and for the past 4 or 5 months the brakes have been squealing. The squealing doesn't occur constantly and doesn't seem to occur when I initially start driving but after starting and stopping several times it returns. I recently had some damaged fixed on my car and the dealer said the brakes are fine but have some hard spots or are "glazed". He said the only way to fix the squeal is to replace them but I would like to investigate all options before paying $300 for brakes that are still in good working condition. Does anybody have any tips or suggestions to help eliminate the squeal? It gets to be pretty embarrasing driving around in this sweet car and pulling up to a red light squealing like crazy. It's not exactly the attention I was looking for. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Use the search function. There's lots of great tips on this topic.

Before replacing the rotors, try greasing the floating caliper pins and applying some anti-squeaking compound (glue) on the back of the pad. If that fails, spray some http://www.gunk.com/item_asp/M72502.asp. If none of that works, try replacing the pads.

·
Banned
975 Posts
I've noticed that my brakes make noise from time to time because theres something on the rotors, normally from me cleaning it so much.... car wax/brake dust stuff = funny noises on rotors...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts