SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had just purchased a used 2002 SAAB 93 SE Convertible.

Using the FAQ from the site on how to replace the emblem, I snapped one of the pins on the old emblem.

How can I remove the snapped pin embedded in the hood without damaging the hood?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin

·
Registered
806 Posts
Is the pin resting inside a small plastic insert that is pressed into the hood metal?

If so, perhaps the plastic grommet thing can be removed. I am told most hood emblems/badges come with new grommets so the new emblem will fit tightly.

Incidentally, I never replaced the silvered base of the peeled emblem; I merely fit a 3D emblem (the Greek ones) on top of the whole thing and et voilà!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the prompt reply Harquebus. The pin is resting inside a small plastic insert that is pressed into the hood.

The emblem did not come with a plastic grommet, it just had the pins without the plastic grommet.

I will try and remove the snapped off pin from the plastic grommet failing which I will try and source the plastic grommets that go into the hood metal. I will speak to the vendor who sent me the emblem and try to get the plastic grommets.

I just found sites on eBay that had the 3D emblem... I wish I had known earlier as the actual emblem costs 3x the the peeled emblem.

You have a good long weekend mate!

Cheers.

·
Registered
806 Posts
http://www.eu-decals.com/

The above is where I got mine. Pretty good quality, unfaded and still holding fast after, what one+ year?

Also, this page seems to indicate an emblem bushing kit (ah, they're called bushings) but eEuro says their link is missing. I would inquire further as those miniscule plastic bushings can be had.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a bunch Harquebus. I will enquire from the saabsite.com where I ordered the emblem from. If I have no joy, I will order the "emblem bushing kit" from eeuroparts.com

You have been a great help mate!

Cheers,
Kev

1 - 5 of 5 Posts