SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still looking for a replacement engine for my 2002 The car is in Lititz PA. Had an oil failure. Possibly an older block ( the stronger one) would be fine. Thanks John Bersch in Baltimore 4102181249 please text thanks

·
Registered
709 Posts
How quickly do you need the block? I will likely be scrapping a '95 NG900 with the stouter T5 block in it in the next couple months. Engine has right around 100k on it and didn't give me any problems. It's currently in eastern WV.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
next couple of months.....ugh car is at a friends in Lititz PA up on blocks waiting for my guidance.. ( that is what the hell am I gonna do and how much bucks) I know that it was mentioned I could use a 9-5 block....but I will be in touch John in Baltimore 410 218 1249 Its just that WV is such a long drive but then well who knows!! Thanks for the response

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
next couple of months.....ugh car is at a friends in Lititz PA up on blocks waiting for my guidance.. ( that is what the hell am I gonna do and how much bucks) I know that it was mentioned I could use a 9-5 block....but I will be in touch John in Baltimore 410 218 1249 Its just that WV is such a long drive but then well who knows!! Thanks for the response

Oh yeah whatcha thinkin about $$$$$ ???

·
Registered
844 Posts
The T5 swap is the way to go, while you wait drop yours and seperate the head and clean it. use your T7 head and electrics use a T5 head gasket and away you go, basically bullet proof.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Sorry, forgot to reply earlier. Problem is it's still in the car and on a friend's property. Would have to get his approval, then we'd have to coordinate a day to pull it. If it all worked out I wouldn't ask more than a couple hundred bucks. Was asking what your timeframe is since I won't have a free day for another month or more. Yeah not the easiest caper to pull off but possible.

·
Registered
397 Posts
It’s in a 9-5 right now that runs in drives we are parting out I can send a video of it running it has 123,000 miles. We are pulling the motor today so I can still take a video or face time the motor is in Dayton Ohio

1 - 9 of 9 Posts