SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I did a couple of searches but nothing of value came up, so here's my question: If I were to swap a 2002+ bumper/grille/headlights on to a 2001 9-5, I know the issue of the headlight wipers vs. the washers comes up. How do the wipers work? Does the system just send current to the wipers to make them work, or is it more involved? Is it the same for the HID washers? If so, why could one just not hook the power leads from the wipers to the washers so they'd simply activate?

Now, I know this question is moot if there are more details to how the system works, but it seems like it wouldn't have to be any more complicated than just sending current to the system and letting it do its thing. Any help would be appreciated.

X

·
0 Posts
I understand that the pre-facelift is not compatable with the post facelift in terms of the bumper etc as often people have asked because they fancy the HID system that is in the later model. However I would think that you are correct in your assumption that the wipers and washers are controled by electrical current, whether you could change the wiper supply to work the wash supply ? I really dont know. You would need to find whether the relays are the same, if the wireing would cope whether the switching would cope. It may not be that simple. But then again it might be. Let us know if you have a go..

Finn :confused:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So yeah, did some more research and decided (as I'm sure many have) that it's not a worthwhile investment... something about automatic leveling sensors in the axles, and the fact that the 2002+ 9-5 bumper with lights would be nigh impossible to come by. Oh well... just a pipe dream. :) Thanks for the response none-the-less.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts