SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I just purchased this vehicle remotely at auction and I won't get it for 10 or so days as it needs to be shipped to me. This is the best pic that I have from the front of the car. Does this car have the Xenon lights? Did all the 2002 aeros have them standard. I have tried to find this out but I get conflicting information if there were standard or not. I know the car doesn't have the rear park assist sensors as the rear bumper doesn't have the sensors.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Hi
Not all I am afraid. At least not in the UK.
I have a 2002 Aero Estate and it has standard lamps. I believe Xenons became standard fitment as of 2004 (at least in the UK)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I saw that list but there are some others that seem to say it is an option sounds like it was standard on the aeros for 02 hopefully.

It has 104K on it and it is a manual 5 speed (Had a hard time find one of these). I'm pretty excited to get it for sure I had an 01 9-5 v6 but I always wanted a 02+ aero 5 speed. I haven't seen the color in person but it looks pretty sweet on the pics that I've seen.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Does anyone know how much it could cost to convert to Xenons? Is it the whole assembly or just part of it? Is it easy to find a used part?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
There would be a huge amount to change.

Looms
Level sensors (front & rear)
are 2 that instantly come to mind

It really isn't just swap and turn on.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Pretty sure its was an option in north America i have a 2002 9-5 aero and just standard lights :( looking at the retro fit option

·
Registered
398 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Wow, how could it be so cheap?
price on these have come down drastically since everyone and their mother makes them. the real difference is the proper light output and longetivity of the bulbs. I sourced min from Amazon and actually got two fer 1 deal, so I have a spare set sitting around...actually contemplating doing the high beams for uniformity, but will realistically never use them as the lows are plenty bright enough.....oh, i got both sets for 30 bucks shipped

·
Registered
41 Posts
price on these have come down drastically since everyone and their mother makes them. the real difference is the proper light output and longetivity of the bulbs. I sourced min from Amazon and actually got two fer 1 deal, so I have a spare set sitting around...actually contemplating doing the high beams for uniformity, but will realistically never use them as the lows are plenty bright enough.....oh, i got both sets for 30 bucks shipped
Nice! How did the installation go?

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Nice! How did the installation go?
rather easy. I drilled...well actually cut and used my needle nose pliers to ream and enlarge the hole I cut into the dust guard for the lights. Then I installed the lights and fitted the rubber grommet into the whole I had cut . The rubber groment on the lights fit into the whole and the wires pass through to the ballast. I will get pictures up tomorrow if I remember to show how I have it all ran. Total time to install both sides was less than an hour, would have been quicker had I just used my drill, but was too lazy to go get it ;oops:

in non projector housings you have to adjust the beam down a bit otherwise you will blind all drivers passing by.

·
Registered
41 Posts
rather easy. I drilled...well actually cut and used my needle nose pliers to ream and enlarge the hole I cut into the dust guard for the lights. Then I installed the lights and fitted the rubber grommet into the whole I had cut . The rubber groment on the lights fit into the whole and the wires pass through to the ballast. I will get pictures up tomorrow if I remember to show how I have it all ran. Total time to install both sides was less than an hour, would have been quicker had I just used my drill, but was too lazy to go get it ;oops:

in non projector housings you have to adjust the beam down a bit otherwise you will blind all drivers passing by.
Sounds good! If you can post pictures that would be great ;ol;, thanks.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Sounds good! If you can post pictures that would be great ;ol;, thanks.
well here are some pictures, took the best i could short of pulling everything out and having to redo it all.
First one shows dustcap installed with wires coming out the grommet, second one the hole I cut and reamed out, third shows rubber grommet installed, and the last shows my ballast hidden under the MAF sensor on the passenger side

1 - 18 of 18 Posts