SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Guys! :cool:
I really need your help!
I should decide my new car until this weekend!!
I got two choices after searching for 2 weeks.
One is 2002 9-5 Aero Under 40,000 mi
The other is 2002 9-3 SE Hatchback Under 40,000 mi

9-5 Aero is Perfect!!! It's Aero!!!:cheesy: but a little bit expensive. If I choose 9-5, I should pay $100 more than 9-3 se per month.
9-3 SE is Great!!! but It's not Aero.:cry: but it's cheaper than 9-5

I'm not an expert man,but I know who you guys are!!
Please help me. I'd like to know your opinion!! I can't decide it.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Buy the aero. Even though it's more expensice, it's refined and fast. Pretty tuneable. I drive one myself.

However, if you want to mod a bit more, get the 9-3.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Either way, your looking at the T-7, so no boost controllers or BOV's, and power is mainly coming from expensive ecu upgrades.

I'd say test drive both. I like the 9-5's better because they are more "upscale" the 9-3 seems to be a little less refined. Just by like the placement of the radio and shape of dash and such. Just my opinion tho.

I wouldnt let the boards make your decision about which one to buy, seeing as its gonna be your car, not any of the rest of ours. Buy the one you want, and only let the people here help out with good/bad things about each car.

Nick

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
$100 more per month?? Is the 9-3 almost free? Cuz I know 02 9-5 Aeros aren't all that expensive. If you can afford to get the 9-5, get the 9-5. Not sure if it's "refined" or "tuneable", because vibration problems plague the car and expensive ECU modifications are pretty much the only way to get power. As for modding the car a bit more...aero1116 probably means that because you start with less power :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SAAB Certified

I really appreciate you guys. Thanks for your advise.

:nono; SAAB CERTIFIED:nono; is really important?

I found a car without Saab Certificate..it's really great deal with a low mileage and clear history of Carfax. If I choose this one...:eek:

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Drive them both and see what you prefer. I drove a 9-3 loaner with a stick shift and loved every minute of it, it felt faster than my 9-5 even though it was 80bhp short on power. The dash did look/feel cheap compared to the 9-5 however. Do you need the extra space the 9-5 affords you, or could you happily use the 9-3 and have an extra $100 a month for modifying it? :roll:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts