SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 Aero and I have since removed my fogs after one was destroyed by a rock this winter. The interior of the light is pretty beat up so I am looking for either an OEM replacement or aftermarket fog lights. The RH passenger side light is fine so I am leaning towards finding a OEM LH Fog replacement, but am willing to look into aftermarket alternatives.

Can anyone help me out with the correct replacement year for the LH Fog? In doing some research it seems that the '02-'03 fog lights fit differently than other years. Is this correct, or will other years fit my '02?

Any help would be great, thanks.

-E

·
Registered
297 Posts
02-05s are the same I believe. 01 and previous are different and don't have one of the mounting brackets--won't fit.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I have a 02 Aero and I have since removed my fogs after one was destroyed by a rock this winter. The interior of the light is pretty beat up so I am looking for either an OEM replacement or aftermarket fog lights. The RH passenger side light is fine so I am leaning towards finding a OEM LH Fog replacement, but am willing to look into aftermarket alternatives.

Can anyone help me out with the correct replacement year for the LH Fog? In doing some research it seems that the '02-'03 fog lights fit differently than other years. Is this correct, or will other years fit my '02?

Any help would be great, thanks.

-E
This is where I got mine...

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/search/?N=0&Nr=AND(wpn_tl_name:Headlights+%26+Lighting,wpn_cat_name:Fog+Lights%5C%2C+Driving+Lights%5C%2C+Components+%26+Accessories,wpn_scat_name:Fog+Lights+%26+Components,part:Fog+Light)

Pretty sure with the Aero only 02 - 03 will work.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
the fogs from an earlier one will work - they don't have the mounting brackets, but if your original mount is good (and only the glass is broken), you can frankenstein the glass from the old one onto your broken one. I did this with a fog from a boneyard - put them in the oven at 275 F for 10 or 12 min and then pull them apart, put new glue on and rebake.

·
Registered
326 Posts
the fogs from an earlier one will work - they don't have the mounting brackets, but if your original mount is good (and only the glass is broken), you can frankenstein the glass from the old one onto your broken one. I did this with a fog from a boneyard - put them in the oven at 275 F for 10 or 12 min and then pull them apart, put new glue on and rebake.
Just had a look at the EPC and they changed shape/design from 2001 to 2002 models. They are diferent shapes.

You could try the above quoted method, but it seems to be a last resort fix IMHO. better trying to find the right one either new or from a breakers.

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
I've changed the glass on 4 of them now, both from my 03 and both from the 99 that my son drives. (hadn't heated them in the oven though)

Boneyards sell the lights with broken mounts for cheap since no one wants them. I think the last time I bought 4 of them (I have two spare lenses in my garage right now) I paid $30 plus $10 shipping from ebay. A hell of a lot less than a full replacement which is at least $100 and probably more depending on where you get them.

The glass is the same shape on all of them, regardless of year. The mounts were changed over the years so they are not compatible, but if you're just changing the lenses you can use pretty much any year.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I've changed the glass on 4 of them now, both from my 03 and both from the 99 that my son drives. (hadn't heated them in the oven though)

Boneyards sell the lights with broken mounts for cheap since no one wants them. I think the last time I bought 4 of them (I have two spare lenses in my garage right now) I paid $30 plus $10 shipping from ebay. A hell of a lot less than a full replacement which is at least $100 and probably more depending on where you get them.

The glass is the same shape on all of them, regardless of year. The mounts were changed over the years so they are not compatible, but if you're just changing the lenses you can use pretty much any year.
;ol;

that's why it's a lot easier to score one at a boneyard and do the frankenstein routine. The oven is a great way to soften up the silicone and pull it apart with mitts.

·
Registered
739 Posts
The '01 Base I got has BOTH factory fogs missing all together. Can I just wire in some amber after markets to the factory wiring? They are 55 watt units correct?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts