SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently purchased our 4th Saab - very clean car, but was throwing codes for the MAF 0100 1105 - the car ran fine, but was down on power. I've been down this road before w/ our '00 Convertible so I didn't think twice. I proceeded to swap out the MAF, but I discovered that the original MAF was disconnected. When I reconnected the MAF, the car started fine for about 3 seconds then the turbo boost gauge rose into the red, the engine sputtered and died. I disconnected the MAF nd the car ran fine again. Thinking that the MAF was bad, I swapped the MAF with a known good unit - Same problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Some additional information:

If I plug in the MAF with the intake pipe disconnected the car will start and run (like it did w/o the MAF connected) but will throw intake temp codes errors. Once the intake plumbing is connected and the engine started, the same racing/stumbling occurs. Also if I start and keep the revs high, it will run, but stumble as soon as the revs drop. The boost gauge seems to track inversely to the revs. If I connect everything with the car running it will run fine, but as soon as I restart - I get the same problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently purchased our 4th Saab - very clean car, but was throwing codes for the MAF 0100 1105 - the car ran fine, but was down on power. I've been down this road before w/ our '00 Convertible so I didn't think twice. I proceeded to swap out the MAF, but I discovered that the original MAF was disconnected. When I reconnected the MAF, the car started fine for about 3 seconds then the turbo boost gauge rose into the red, the engine sputtered and died. I disconnected the MAF nd the car ran fine again. Thinking that the MAF was bad, I swapped the MAF with a known good unit - Same problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Some additional information:

If I plug in the MAF with the intake pipe disconnected the car will start and run (like it did w/o the MAF connected) but will throw intake temp codes errors. Once the intake plumbing is connected and the engine started, the same racing/stumbling occurs. Also if I start and keep the revs high, it will run, but stumble as soon as the revs drop. The boost gauge seems to track inversely to the revs. If I connect everything with the car running it will run fine, but as soon as I restart - I get the same problem.
I am having the same problem with my 2001 9-5, thinking of getting a new throttle body, what was the issue with yours?

·
Registered
571 Posts
That sounds like a charge air pressure/temp sensor issue. P1105 is a code that's thrown when the charge air pressure sensor doesn't match up with the MAF and the manifold pressure synthetic values.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.