SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to start car this evening to come home and it cranked with no start ran fine this morning.

I assumed fuel pump and popped the seat up and grabbed the Tech 2 to run the fuel pump manually to see if I can hear it. Tech 2 cant see the Trionic module... checked the OBD2 pins and all are still seated. Swapped ECU's (yes, I carry a spare) to no avail, then swapped DIC since that was the only other spare left in the trunk and it was hail-mary time. Tried pulling the Engine management fuse to do a full reset, no luck.
I am going to sift through the interwebs and the WIS to try to troubleshoot it but wanted to see if anyone else has had an A-HA moment.
Thoughts?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am compiling my info found here for future reference:

Interesting find on another "trionic" forum by Winter:

"I had a bad ABS/ESP control module take down p-bus communication to the ECM, check if you can talk to the ABS unit or see if you get ABS/TCS errors with the key in the ignition. It's actually a common problem and probably going to become much more common in the near future as these modules age "

reply by James NG:
It is a good idea to bridge the 2 bus wires across the tcs/esp unit.
That should stop a faulty tcs/esp unit from breaking the bus link and causing a starting issue.

Now I just need to access the car that is 1.5 hrs away from me...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Got to look at the car today. I took a spare ABS module from an 2000 9-5 that I am taking apart. I don't think it is technically compatible, but I have not verified that at this point.
Connected 00 module, car started right up! Lots of ABS and other lights since it wasn't full installed and probably the wrong P/N from a non-ESP car.
Reconnected the old one just to see and car started up again?!?!? Maybe a bad connection, I don't know. I wish I had attempted to start the car before connecting up the 00 module at this point.

More to come if the car acts up again, but I am thinking about sending out my module to have it refurbished just in case. I will also be keeping a spare module in the trunk. At least I can limp home with no ABS/ESP instead of what happened last night...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nop, I'm at work, so I will see this week-end and hope to be successful, because after that I have a lot of work to rebuild Saab 9.3 Convertible 2001 engine and clean and waterproof Softop , and replace Saab 900 NG cable clutch . Tanks. Greg

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nop, I'm at work, so I will see this week-end and hope to be successful, because after that I have a lot of work to rebuild Saab 9.3 Convertible 2001 engine and clean and waterproof Softop , and replace Saab 900 NG cable clutch . Tanks. Greg
I feel your pain. I carried a spare cable for My 96 900, it seemed like it was always breaking. I made a special tool out of a wire coat hangar to help pop the spring back over to return the pedal. After the first time I forgot it and had to troubleshoot why my cruise control stopped working...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi , my Saab 900 ng clutch cable..replace and now car working. Need To buy à support bracket valve after I broken the plastic clip on the fuel pump. 95 starts but I néed this part valve pop up with pressure. N

1 - 8 of 8 Posts