SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '02 9-3 Turbo has recently started having issues. On a long trip I got the red triangle and low oil pressure then it died.

I left it over night, came back, added 1qt of oil, and was able to start it and drive it back home without issue.

Some details now.

-- starts fine cold, no oil indicator or warning triangle
-- after heating to normal running temp, if I shut it off, it won't restart until it fully cools back down

-- now it's starting to do freaky things like die on me when idling... i.e., at a stop light, etc.

-- the low oil pressure indicator will sometimes blink and I'll hear the tone chime

-- engine is making a rattling noise

---------------
---------------
---------------

Has anyone had any experience with this kind of issue, and possible fixes? I've googled a little bit, but all I found was something about the crank shaft position sensor... or oil sludge.

Help!

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
This is wrong forum, you want the 9-3 forum.
Sorry to say, but your motor sounds beat. There was oil starvation likely due to sludge/low oil level. The bearings spun and that is why you are getting the rattle and random stalling. Replacement motor time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.