SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2002 9-3 SE that has a funny issue. Only on the first start of the day the RPM comes up to 1300 - 1500 and as it starts to come down to idle the engine will shudder and the RPM will drop to around 300-500 RPM and than catch itself and run normal after that. You can shut it off and start right away again and it won't happen again. Only after sitting overnight. It has also stalled once while doing this. Anyone had any similar experience with this??

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
I have to let my 99 run for a minute or it will stall when it goes into gear. My RPM's don't drop that low, though.

I just don't worry about it. I need a few minutes in the morning, too. ;)

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
CleveSaab said:
I have to let my 99 run for a minute or it will stall when it goes into gear. My RPM's don't drop that low, though.

I just don't worry about it. I need a few minutes in the morning, too. ;)
Cleve, you have one the now antique 99s ? I allowed but a 5 to 20 second warm-up- depending on the ambivalent temperature...for the '69 red one(very, very comfortable seats) and very advanced ergonomics...

Definitely look into the operation of the IAC - these do have to be cleaned once in a while, and ARE , IMO, a service item....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts