SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a 2002 Saab 9-3 SE Hatchback for $900. Owner says randomly the RPMs go up and it’ll also die randomly after startup. I haven’t owned a Saab before but just wanted to ask around and see if something like that is a good deal and if anyone has an idea as to what causes that problem.

·
Registered
10,278 Posts
Throttle body, possibly? These cars have a drive by wire throttle, and the throttle body is known to have issues as it ages. Does the car have any service history? How's the cosmetic condition? How many miles?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cosmetic condition isn’t too bad except for a little rust around the rear driver side wheel well. I don’t know about the service history but I’m sure I could get it from the owner and it has 165,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
It sounds like a good deal for $900. I have a similar problem with mine. I checked and replaced vacuum lines, re-gapped and replaced plugs, cleaned the throttle body and still have the problem. Never did figure it out but have never been stranded by that. Just have to pay attention if driving in town which I do less of.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts