SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 9-3 SE: Installed the Rear Anti-Roll Bar :D from GenuineSaab.com and just like the posts said, it made a great difference. Now I need some advice for the front end. When it hits rough road or bumps while accelerating the front end jumps sideways, very scary, and there is too much body lean like the rear before the new rear roll bar was installed. I'm like'n the car but could like it alot better. I emailed GenuineSaab ;oops: a few times but no answer, I guess they only want to sell and not help or advise customers. Can anyone help me out?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hi,

Could do:

New wheels and tyres, new dampers and springs, clamp and brace (MP Performance) or go the whole hog...Limited Slip Dif!:cool:

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
I emailed GenuineSaab ;oops: a few times but no answer, I guess they only want to sell and not help or advise customers. Can anyone help me out?
I would suggest calling them on the phone, and ask for sales, or Nick in sales. They seem to answer calls ok, I got Nick on the line both times, very helpful and patient, even if obviously busy, and can tell you what to expect from the various parts they sell.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Sounds like you just need a steering rack clamp and brace. Nick will set you up, just wait until Monday to call and talk with him, they're closed today to travel to a wedding.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Yep, clamp and brace will help.

Front subframe brace is supposed to help in many areas, including this, as well. Nick has a 6-point brace that is on my wish list that looks pretty sweet. MP has a 2-point for 50 bucks that may do the trick too. I have a 2-point, but couldnt get it on due to downpipe clearance. the 6-point shouldnt have this problem.

Neither of these will do a lot to keep both wheels on the ground when you hit a bump with one of the wheels though. If you hit a bump with one wheel, that wheel has a chance to lose traction, and also while that wheel is in the air the other wheel is still pulling the car along the road. Either way, there is an imbalance of the acceleration, forcing the wheel to one direction or the other. So part of the prevention is avoiding acceleration over bumps. It's not really nice for the car/tranny to accelerate heavily over them anyways.

I found that a set of nice summer only tires is a BIG help too, as most of what we call 'torque steer' is actually loss of traction on one side of the car. I bet that Viggens would've been a lot more popular in Europe than they were had they been shod with better tires at the start.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I cannot seem to find any mail from you about this. All mails to Me have been replied too. Not sure, sorry? :roll: Call the toll free or send the mail to [email protected] also you can send an email on this forum to me. We have been very busy, lately I have been out in the shop working on new products and managing more new employees. :D

SOunds like basic traction issues. I would guess tires (>91 load rating "XL" or "reinforced") possibly alignment (if tires wearing funny) first... Rack brace helps steering feel but your problems seems different. The jumping sideways...:confused:

The Viggen has power steering. The factory even listed it in the sales literature. Get on the power and it turns. :cheesy: My Vig has enhanced power steering.
Nick T

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Enhanced power steering, I love it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts