SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please Help!! 2002 9-3 conver. auto trans., stalling troubles

My daughter has a 2002 Saab 9-3 convert. with automatic transmission. Here is our problem, several months ago the car was started and as soon as she put it in reverse it stalled and would never restart. I changed the cam shaft postion sensor, still would not start, i then changed the DI, and it started up. Now it will start, however as soon as you shift the car from park to drive or reverse it sputters and stalls, put it back in park and it starts right up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The car idles fine.
Thank you all, this has been a long frustrating ongoing problem that I would love to solve.:cry:

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
My daughter has a 2002 Saab 9-3 convert. with automatic transmission. Here is our problem, several months ago the car was started and as soon as she put it in reverse it stalled and would never restart. I changed the cam shaft postion sensor, still would not start, i then changed the DI, and it started up. Now it will start, however as soon as you shift the car from park to drive or reverse it sputters and stalls, put it back in park and it starts right up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The car idles fine.
Thank you all, this has been a long frustrating ongoing problem that I would love to solve.:cry:
Try this and see if it helps:
Turn everything OFF until the car is warmed up a bit. That means NO AC/Heater, NO head lights, NO heated seats, etc. Anything that strains the motor by pulling heavy amperage and causing the alternator to work harder. Start the car, let it idle for 3-5 minutes. If it sounds like it's going to stall, give it a little gas to keep it running. It should stay running after it's warmed up.

Things that might be old, wearing, worn could be it needs new plugs, bad O2 sensors, vacuum leaks, dirty air filter, alternator is getting old/tired bad connections, TPS sensor is worn, IAC isn't adjusting correctly to compensate the extra load. Mine does the same thing. I just let it idle a bit with nothing "on" before moving the car. Any codes or check engine light?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts