SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard some things on this forum about Viggens/t7's having sludge problems? I'm wondering if it would casue very many problems on down the road, and how to get rid of, and prevent build up of gunk in my motor as cheap as possible. It's my first car, and I'd really love to have it run for as long as possible, as it's my baby.:cool:

Also, anyone know of any cheap mods and updrades I should think about?

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
I've heard some things on this forum about Viggens/t7's having sludge problems? I'm wondering if it would casue very many problems on down the road, and how to get rid of, and prevent build up of gunk in my motor as cheap as possible. It's my first car, and I'd really love to have it run for as long as possible, as it's my baby.:cool:

Post below, this is the wrong forum. Yes they are prone to sludge that can potentially cause permanent damage to your engine. Do a search of T7 sludge issues and you'll find a plethora of information.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Support for 9/11 have taken up much energy and time but perhaps as saabhutter mentioned, finding if the recall was performed and then a check of the screen would be in order. Our indie gave it a "clean bill of health" but it was toast a year later. :roll:

·
Registered
554 Posts

yes sir... drop that pan and check for sludge...
upgrade to pcv 6 if its not done yet...
be ready for the basic stuff...lol :)

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I'm on the fence about spending 300+ to drop the pan before buying my 2001 Viggen convert. Btw OP, pics & description?! Get on the ball! lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts