SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While working on this 2001 Saab 95 I found that the gas coming through Fuel Rail is like Milky white not like the regular petrol color, so I drained all of the gas off the tank, using Fuel Pump Priming (Turning On and Off the Ignition switch to pump out all of the gas in the tank) and poured in new gas, and car started, with some misfire, next I cleaned the Injectors and than it would start and more smoother idling, but on the next day I tried starting it again, I do not hear the Fuel Pump Prime as I turn on the Ignition, after trying couple of times (Turning off ignition and turning it back on) the fuel pump primed again and the car started, but than I turned it OFF again (just to test) and the Fuel Pump would not prime anymore,
it looks like some Relay or Fuse problem. can you please suggest me the location and number of the Fuse for Fuel Pump on my 2001 Saab 95 2.3T,

The Pump itself was replaced 6 months ago and since that time the car was never driven. as it was not starting because of bad Gas

Please help me fix the problem, I do not have electrical diagram for Fuel Pump electrical system. I am 90% sure its not the Pump it self its something else in the electrical system

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this car was a complete mess since I bought it, First it was not starting, and Fuel Pump was bad so I replaced it, I also changed CPS and DIC recently, and got it started after I replaced the GAS, but now Fuel Pump would not run again as I turn on the Ignition, it seems like some relay or fuse problem, but I am not sure which fuse number or relay is that, can someone help?

·
Registered
980 Posts
If all fuses and relays check out with the fuel and induction system, I advise getting the fuel pressure next.

It's possible (not certain) you burnt out the motor within the pump by draining the fuel the way you did. Either way, the pump is suspect at this point as you seem to acknowledge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts