SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched the forums and I've discovered very little on the power/ torque limit to the Saab f35 transmission.

I've been a big fan of Andreas Gidlund'd nordic perfomance 9-5 monster and i REALLY want to build my 9-5 past 700 HP.

Now my build bottlenecks at the transmission. What exactly is the power limit to the f35 gearbox? I DO NOT plan to launch the car in 1st or 2nd. Mainly rolling starts in 3rd gear. I prefer not to drop gears either. Mainly for the longevity of the transmission; however, I know that sooner or later it's gonna go.

Are there any upgrades available to strengthen the transmission?

A LSD is something I would get sooner or later. How about that 6 spd trans. Maptune sells? would that be a direct bolt on?

I really want to make this happen guys, but I have very little information regarding the power limit to the gearbox.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Quaife makes the only LSD that fits this trans. It works very well.

You can also do a lot to fix the shifting mechanism on the 9-5 with the genuninesaab.com short shifter, and getting the shifting mechanism modified by IG3tech.com ......make a huge difference in shift feel.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Quaife makes the only LSD that fits this trans. It works very well.

You can also do a lot to fix the shifting mechanism on the 9-5 with the genuninesaab.com short shifter, and getting the shifting mechanism modified by IG3tech.com ......make a huge difference in shift feel.
You can also use the Lsd out of a cobalt ss if you find a used one.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I've searched the forums and I've discovered very little on the power/ torque limit to the Saab f35 transmission.

I've been a big fan of Andreas Gidlund'd nordic perfomance 9-5 monster and i REALLY want to build my 9-5 past 700 HP.

Now my build bottlenecks at the transmission. What exactly is the power limit to the f35 gearbox? I DO NOT plan to launch the car in 1st or 2nd. Mainly rolling starts in 3rd gear. I prefer not to drop gears either. Mainly for the longevity of the transmission; however, I know that sooner or later it's gonna go.

A LSD is something I would get sooner or later. How about that 6 spd trans. Maptune sells? would that be a direct bolt on?

I really want to make this happen guys, but I have very little information regarding the power limit to the gearbox.
First the 9-5 uses a f25 transmission with a f35 diff. the 2003 - 2005ish 9-3 used the f35 like the cobalt. there are a few things you could do but if you want to make 700hp the only way you will be able to make any reliability at that point is straight cut gears (this would be your best bet). I think JZW might still have his used one for sale out of his drag car. i think he was asking 4k for it. We have built quit a bit of 500whp 9-5s and all of them have blown at least one tranny haha. one of them went through 5 trannys in 45 days haha.

·
Registered
369 Posts

If you want we have two six speed f40s that fit the b235. We do a f40 conversion if you want todo that too. But you would have to update your front hubs to a 2002 9-5. The transmissions come from Europe thou so it’s not cheap

1 - 6 of 6 Posts