SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum so I apologize for any inconveniences.

I am needing to replace an oxygen sensor as I am getting a reading saying "High voltage Bank 1 sensor 2." If from what I have read is true, this is the rear sensor.

I need to purchase a new one, but I do not want to spend the full amount at a local repair shop, because the prices are ridiculous. I would greatly appreciate it if any one could point me in the right direction so that I can save some money, as I don't know much about car parts.

Thank you very much :)

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
RockAuto parts has them for about $50 each and they're usually pretty easy to replace.

There are some universal sensors on the market as well, probably a bit less money, but you'd have to splice the wires from the old sensor onto the new. Bosch's universal comes with a very good spice to make the job pretty easy.

For a limited DIY guy, the only problem might be the socket or wrench the right size, but again, those are easy to find and fairly inexpensive.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I've always bought mine from HERE. They ship very quickly. Easy to do on these cars, if you don't have the skills it shouldn't be hard to find someone handy that could knock one out in no-time.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I've always bought mine from HERE. They ship very quickly. Easy to do on these cars, if you don't have the skills it shouldn't be hard to find someone handy that could knock one out in no-time.
I'd forgotten about those guys, they saved my bacon on a Jaguar once. Good folks those.

·
Registered
19,171 Posts
I would highly recommend purchasing an oxygen sensor socket for this job. There are two types - I think either would work for your job.

Samples:

Full socket type: compare.ebay.com/like/390436571663?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

Crowfoot type: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Heated-Oxyg..._Automotive_Tools&hash=item19d3476666&vxp=mtr

I like the first type unless there's no room for it. You should be able to pick it up at a local auto parts store for $15.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts