SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have a 2001 9-3 with 113k miles on it. I just relocated and drove 1000 miles from Illinois to Colorado and notice a sharp decrease in performance. The turbo gauge only stays within the 1st bracket white upon acceleration. I didnt have this issue before the trip so am wondering is the turbo bad or could it just be something minor? Any ideas and also what would i be looking at for costs? I love my saab and have had 113K trouble free miles thus far. Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
maybe not

Are you around the denver area? The air is much thinner up in that area and may be why it feels less powerful. Many of the turbo dodge guys have said they see this when they go down to the lower elevations. The car pulls harder and runs better. Just make sure you don't have any leaks in the intake plumbing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello

Thanks for the replies. I found out it was a $5 part to fix. The waste gate circlip was broken and needed replacement. Originally I thought it may be an altitude issue but from what I read the engine adjust for that automatic?? Not sure but all i know my car runs like it did when i drove off the showroom.

Now my Saab runs like a rocket once again :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts