SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a parts car last year. It was a 2001 2-door automatic 9-3. The engine had died from sludge. I pulled the head and sent it off to a shop where they machined it flat and rebuilt it. The total bill for that was around $600.

Since then it has been in my garage collecting dust.

It is located in the Metro Atlanta area.

$250 local

If you want it shipped we'll figure that out together.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Still have it?

My 2001 9-3 SE (auto) now has zero compression in the 2 and 4 cylinders. Above 3000 RPM it actually runs well and pulls strong, below that it is clearly running on at most 3 cylinders (and probably 2). Hoped it was the DIC and picked up a new one to get it off the side of the road and to my house (pretty challenging to drive an auto 60 miles while never dropping below 3000 rpm).

Right after I put in new struts and CV joints too. Figures.

Checked the compression when I got home, even warm, I get maybe 10 psi on cylinder 4, and nothing on cylinder 2. 1 and 3 have 120 or better though.

The fact that it pulls strong at high RPM makes me think its just the head.

Anyway, I'm trying to decide if it's even worth pulling the head, or just scrapping the thing (160k miles, rust starting, interior getting beat up).

If you still have this head cheap, and its the same for yours and my 2001 SE (Hot), then I may be tempted to do something foolish and try and get mine running again...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts