SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to replace the speakers in the back of my 2001 93 convertible this weekend after getting all the others replaced last weekend. The problem I'm having is trying to remove the seat belt covers (for driver and passenger) before removing the rear panels to get to the speakers.... any thoughts/tips? Thanks!!!

Matt C.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Wrong section of the forum,, this is for 2003-2011

·
Registered
818 Posts
I need to do this too, only thing I can figure

is that they come off after the panel is removed, must be from below?? That's all I can see after looking mine over.

John

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Mine came off real easy when some hitchhiker swung his backpack around and smacked it when my car was parked with the top down. :evil::evil::evil:

It appears there are just a couple of tabs that hold it in place. A plastic knife should release them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok, so I had my top down today. So I snapped a few photos for you. (I had to remove these when trying to replace the rear panels, too bad I got the wrong color panel from a 900 :roll:)

Disclaimer: Don't blame me if it breaks when your working with it. Just use some common sense.

Step 1
So Mine just lifted up from the back which is held in by a pin. Might need to pry up with a screw driver.
Pic 1

Step 2
There is a screw hidden behind the seat belt, this was a PITA. Get a long driver to unscrew it (may take some working around). The cover should just lift off now
Pic 2 is of the screw location

Step 3
Unbolt your seat belt at the carpet. and slid it through the cover. May take some a little work here too.

Pic 3 is what it looks like without the cover

Note: when re-installing I'd recommend putting the screw back in. Mine squeaks like crazy when I go over pot holes. (to lazy to put it in last time, will fix this weekend)

Good luck and I hope it comes off ok. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
411 Posts
If all you're doing is replacing the speakers, you can leave that dome on. Pop out the seat bottom, give the belt some slack and swing the whole panel over to the exterior of the car and save yourself from the risk of breaking any tabs that are surely brittle by now (don't ask how I know this). Also, while you're at it, it might be a good time to replace the bulb in the reading light with an LED replacement. They have warm white bulbs that are pretty close to the OEM, if you don't want that typical LED cold white tint. I replaced mine out of necessity - the PO of the car melted the lens and holder with the old bulb.

Good luck!
Would you care to share the specs on the new speaker that is going in?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts