SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first post! I recently had my mechanic take care of Boost pressure for the turbo. he changed the blow off valve with a new Bosch and the hoses and a DI cassette.

now check engine light is on. Fault code p 0455.

I would like to take care of this myself. Please help

·
Registered
304 Posts
I get that same code every now and then. I still have not found the fault. I would start with the EVAP purge valve or gas cap to start.

I just cleared my check light in the parking lot right before my inspection. ;ol;

P0455 Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected (gross leak)

·
Registered
716 Posts
P0445

EVAP Purge Valve Circuit. Short to B+.

Fault symptoms

• CHECK ENGINE.
  • Possible smell of petrol.
On-Board Diagnostics

Type of diagnosis:

• Continuous. But interrupted when fault criteria fulfilled and will not restart until next driving cycle.
Enable criteria

• Engine running. Main relay voltage exceeding 10 V . Output is active.
Fault criteria

• Output voltage exceeding 2 V . Condition fulfilled within 10 periods that must occur within 60 s . (Normally, it takes about 1 s to generate the trouble code.)
Dependents

• None
System reaction to a fault

• None
OK report

• Enable criteria fulfilled. Fault criteria not fulfilled within 60 s .

• Type III.
Diagnostic help
Fault diagnosis concerns an electrical fault in the connecting leads or in the valve.

Functions in the diagnostic tool related to the fault:

• Activate valve output.
Checking the wiring
Jiggle the wiring harness at several points and in different directions to detect intermittent breaks and short circuits. Observe the multimeter, diagnostic tool or test lamp during the check.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Check the connections for power, and also check the valve itself for function. Look around your engine bay for SOME sign (disconnection/crack of hose & wires) aside of the valve.;ol;

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.