SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,hoping someone can help.My rear window demister isn't working and its doing my head in can't find out where the fuse is been googling all morning,bought haynes manual and cant find it in there, any replys will be much appreciated Thanks

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
The owners manual for the US cars shows it to be 30-amp fuse number 1. That would be on the top row, 4th fuse from the left. The first three are A, B and C, then 1 - 6 on the top. The manual does not differentiate between sedans and convertibles for this fuse... Ron

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FUSE IS OK,whats my next port of call have checked the connectors to the window they look ok no corrosion

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
I would carefully remove the connector and check for battery and ground. But, be careful so as to not break it loose from the window.

You might also be able to probe it from the back without removing the connector... Ron

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
connector looks clean as a whistle not sure what you mean check for battery and ground ;oops:

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Which "manchester", Smythy ?
I am about 10 minutes from ours.
Using your test light, you should be able to detect the break in the defroster circuit. Then repair this with a little "liquid silver".
If you have no current anywhere at the window, then go to the electronic control....or the switch.....backtrack.....
Good luck.....;ol;

1 - 10 of 10 Posts