SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced my passenger side wheel bearing, and similar bearing-failure noises persisted. The shop I had brought my car to identified another bearing on the other side of my driveline, closer to the transmission that was definitely failed.

However; no one can find the part. Does anyone know what that bearing is, or where I can purchase one?

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
That thing is called the "intermediate shaft bearing" (the drive axle sticks into it an the intermediate shaft then sticks into the transmission), the bearing is in the lower alternator bracket/bearing bracket.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That thing is called the "intermediate shaft bearing" (the drive axle sticks into it an the intermediate shaft then sticks into the transmission), the bearing is in the lower alternator bracket/bearing bracket.
Thank you. To the best of my searching I found and axle shaft bearing. Is that the part?

·
Registered
394 Posts
It shows as not in stock/backordered. If you don't need the car for DD you could pull it out and get the bearing number off it or measure ID, OD, and Width and get from your local bearing supplier. The pic on the EEP site for this part shows and SKF # 6008-2RS ball bearing (40x68x15mm). Should cost less than $10.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts