SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ok never mind the lisense plate. I sent out the paypal for the fog lights. Thanks a bunch!
Hey I stumbled upon this while looking at sales today and remembered reading you were looking for one. So cheap! =)

·
Registered
53 Posts
No
Sorry, but that's the same reason I have to hold on to the DIC. I had a good spare one but some how it went missing.
No worries. I'm after a few plastic bits as well if you want to save me a trip to the wrecker. First, I need 3 plastic clips for the hood insulation pad. Next, I need the driver side tail light access panel plastic (pic of my passenger side one below for reference... Not sure how they come off but it probably breaks easily and that's why mine is missing lol so be gentle).
Last, I need a few dash-hole plugs. A matching set like pictured (these were just left of my strereo) and one from the bottom center area by the seat heater knobs. I'm in Portland, OR. Maybe $20 for the plastics and $10 more to cover shipping?
Let me know, thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
No

No worries. I'm after a few plastic bits as well if you want to save me a trip to the wrecker. First, I need 3 plastic clips for the hood insulation pad. Next, I need the driver side tail light access panel plastic (pic of my passenger side one below for reference... Not sure how they come off but it probably breaks easily and that's why mine is missing lol so be gentle).
Last, I need a few dash-hole plugs. A matching set like pictured (these were just left of my strereo) and one from the bottom center area by the seat heater knobs. I'm in Portland, OR. Maybe $20 for the plastics and $10 more to cover shipping?
Let me know, thanks!
Yes, I got all of those for you. Funny thing is, all my years dealing with SAAB and having 3 first gen 9-5's, I've never noticed that the plugs next to the seat heater switch is a different size than the plugs everywhere else on the dash. I looked at them closely for the first time ever because you gave me a specific location to get them from. The price you gave me works for me my PayPal is [email protected]

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
No

Let me know, thanks!
Hey, if you still want it I found a extra DIC I didn't know I had in the trunk of the wife's car. So I can send you the spare one. I'll throw it in the car and double check it before I send it. Just let me know if you still want it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey, if you still want it I found a extra DIC I didn't know I had in the trunk of the wife's car. So I can send you the spare one. I'll throw it in the car and double check it before I send it. Just let me know if you still want it.
Thanks, I'll shoot you the paypal for the plastics here shortly. It's funny how many of those button positions there are. My car is pretty much fully loaded and still has a lot of blanks! I am installing an Android Auto head unit and customizing some of these for AUX input, USB ports, and microphone. Nice to have spares in case I goof one up. =)

About the DIC, I do want to keep critical spares like this in the trunk just to cover my ****. A spare fuel pump, too. Both easy swaps. As an experienced 9-5 owner, what else do you think I should I keep on hand?
I was looking and the Chinese DIC's and fuel pumps are so cheap (like $70 each) and would certainly suffice just to get out of being stranded.
So if yours is a used Chinese one, I wouldn't want it. If it is a used genuine one and works good, you might be better off selling it to someone that needs it for their primary because I would only want to offer you $60 for including shipping. I hope that makes sense. Not trying to low-ball you... I know it is worth more, just not to me right now.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thanks, I'll shoot you the paypal for the plastics here shortly.
Yeah, I do want to keep critical spares like this in the trunk just to cover my ****. A spare fuel pump, too. Both easy swaps. As an experienced 9-5 owner, what else should I keep on hand?
I was looking and the Chinese DIC's and fuel pumps are so cheap (like $70 each) and would certainly suffice just to get out of being stranded.
So if yours is a used Chinese one, I wouldn't want it. If it is a used genuine one and works good, you might be better off selling it to someone that needs it for their primary because I would only want to offer you $60 for including shipping. I hope that makes sense. Not trying to low-ball you... I know it is worth more, just not to me right now.
I'm generous man, it's the holidays, I'll do $60 plus shipping for it. I come across them often, people here in South Carolina don't seem to have the SAAB love that I seen when I lived up north, so they get rid of them and parts cheap once something goes wrong with the car. Honestly, I never knew there was those Chinese DICs until I came across one two years ago when I got my mom's '01 convertible. He said it was diagnosed as a dying fuel pump because it would randomly die and sometimes not start at all. He also gave me a brand new Chinese fuel pump with the car. I swapped the fuel pump listening to the p.o. and the fuel pump died while trying to start the car. Put the original one back in, decided to swap the DIC. Swapped it with the one from my wife's car and while I had my wife's car running with the DIC that came out of mom's car, the wife's car shut off and wouldn't start again. Long story short, come to find out it was a Chinese DIC, put in a oem 2 years later mom still driving her little convertible that she loves. After that, i make sure all my DICs are oem.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm generous man, it's the holidays, I'll do $60 plus shipping for it. I come across them often, people here in South Carolina don't seem to have the SAAB love that I seen when I lived up north, so they get rid of them and parts cheap once something goes wrong with the car. Honestly, I never knew there was those Chinese DICs until I came across one two years ago when I got my mom's '01 convertible. He said it was diagnosed as a dying fuel pump because it would randomly die and sometimes not start at all. He also gave me a brand new Chinese fuel pump with the car. I swapped the fuel pump listening to the p.o. and the fuel pump died while trying to start the car. Put the original one back in, decided to swap the DIC. Swapped it with the one from my wife's car and while I had my wife's car running with the DIC that came out of mom's car, the wife's car shut off and wouldn't start again. Long story short, come to find out it was a Chinese DIC, put in a oem 2 years later mom still driving her little convertible that she loves. After that, i make sure all my DICs are oem.
Wow, yeah I heard they are **** and don't last long. That's why I was thinking "emergency only spare"!
That's good to know about the Chinese fuel pump though. Died immediately huh? I guess I better not buy one of those and expect it to get me out of a jam then.
And you are sure it's working good, right? I appreciate the generosity! I'll send another payment for the DIC and you can ship it all together and save a little time and money too. =)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Wow, yeah I heard they are **** and don't last long. That's why I was thinking "emergency only spare"!
That's good to know about the Chinese fuel pump though. Died immediately huh? I guess I better not buy one of those and expect it to get me out of a jam then.
And you are sure it's working good, right? I appreciate the generosity! I'll send another payment for the DIC and you can ship it all together and save a little time and money too. =)
Yea, I couldn't believe it either. I should have known it wasn't right anyway. It was white. I mean like a paper plate, construction paper, note book paper white. I've never seen a fuel pump that color new or used at least not up until that point lol.
Yep, I'm sure it works. I'll put it in the car and test it before I send it to be sure. I'm not trying to make a bunch of money off parts, I just like to help keep another SAAB on the road as long as possible. I'm gonna feel bad when that day comes I have to move on from them, thinking about a Tesla, but that's years away. My first one was a 9000S 5 speed for $700 when I was 17, my mom got it for me for my birthday, I'm going on 38 now and SAAB number 9 I believe.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yea, I couldn't believe it either. I should have known it wasn't right anyway. It was white. I mean like a paper plate, construction paper, note book paper white. I've never seen a fuel pump that color new or used at least not up until that point lol.
Yep, I'm sure it works. I'll put it in the car and test it before I send it to be sure. I'm not trying to make a bunch of money off parts, I just like to help keep another SAAB on the road as long as possible. I'm gonna feel bad when that day comes I have to move on from them, thinking about a Tesla, but that's years away. My first one was a 9000S 5 speed for $700 when I was 17, my mom got it for me for my birthday, I'm going on 38 now and SAAB number 9 I believe.
That's cool, let's keep in touch cuz I'm 37 soon and this is my first Saab, but so far I love it. Paid only $1,200 for it with 208k miles but only 2 owners and great service records.
Here she is the first day I brought her home. She needed a lot of TLC... Almost ready for the scrap yard if someone who didn't know cars bought her. Lots of cooked wiring, broken lights, switch/sensor issues, etc. I'm fixing it all, and doing some tasteful upgrades as well, like euro signals, 2008 9-3 alloy rims, and the stereo I mentioned. Loving my super cheap Swedish luxury car! 👍
Thanks again, Chef!
20191116_134931.jpg

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
That's cool, let's keep in touch cuz I'm 37 soon and this is my first Saab, but so far I love it. Paid only $1,200 for it with 208k miles but only 2 owners and great service records.
Here she is the first day I brought her home. She needed a lot of TLC... Almost ready for the scrap yard if someone who didn't know cars bought her. Lots of cooked wiring, broken lights, switch/sensor issues, etc. I'm fixing it all, and doing some tasteful upgrades as well, like euro signals, 2008 9-3 alloy rims, and the stereo I mentioned. Loving my super cheap Swedish luxury car! 👍
Thanks again, Chef! View attachment 269902
Of coarse we can stay in touch. She looks clean in that pic, not bad at all. I think I have a set of the clear fender lights somewhere. If I can find them I'll throw them in the box for you. I never liked those yellow lights. I just picked up a silver '01 aero with a manual transmission for $700, I'd love a set of those clear euro signal lights on it. It has a bad TWICE so it won't start. Once I get my hands on a tech2 I'll be on the road. This is it the day i got it with my aero wagon and my wife's '07.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Wow $700 for an '01 Aero? You gonna get it going good and flip it? Could probably turn a couple grand. I already have some new side markers on the way but thanks anyway! They are only $16 each new, with bulbs and seals included. And that's genuine parts.
That 01's got the single bulb corner lights, right? I ordered my clear corners from europe, $75 shipped for the pair. They are supposedly OEM but haven't arrived yet... Hopefully they are decent. Need to decide if I will modify them to accept both bulbs (apparently it's doable but a pain) or convert my car to single bulb corners. I might mod them for both bulbs. It would be more cool.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Wow $700 for an '01 Aero? You gonna get it going good and flip it? Could probably turn a couple grand...
Yep $700. I got this mentality where i won't pay no more then $1000 for a car, to this day i have not done it yet other than my SUV. Most expensive one was $900 and the cheapest one was free cause the lady wanted it out her yard. She couldn't get a title cause the car came with the house she bought. No one would touch it without the title. I'm going to keep it though. Those 5 speeds are getting hard to find. My wagon is even more rare, its a 5 speed aero too. Now if it had been an automatic then I would say yes, I would try and flip it. I might be on the hunt for a '06+ 9-5 wagon with a manual but I'm waiting till I get this one going. I'm very picky when it comes to my cars. There was one I was almost about to take the trip for out there in Newport. It had everything I wanted, white, the two tone seats (black with the cream inserts) and it was a manual. They sold it before I got the money for it. If I can't find one then I just might end up building one.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hey I stumbled upon this while looking at sales today and remembered reading you were looking for one. So cheap! =)

Thanks Kangburg! I looks like those are for 9-3 NG and 9-5 from 2002 and up. I cannot find one for 9-3 OG!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks Kangburg! I looks like those are for 9-3 NG and 9-5 from 2002 and up. I cannot find one for 9-3 OG!
Oh shoot... I thought I was browsing only items for my '99 9-5 but I guess not. Didn't realize that bracket was different. You need P/N 4560678. Yeah, a rare one. But it looks galvanized... I bet if you found one from a wrecking yard here on west coast, especially from SW region, it would be rust free even after sitting in a yard a while.
I don't need anything from the wrecker just yet for my car, but I'm sure it will come up as I keep tearing into her. If so, I'll see if I can snag one for you. And if you've found one by then, no worries. Looks like it will be easy to sell on ebay for a profit! haha

If you are trying to restore or fancy up your car, I could also make you a custom bracket out of stainless steel sheet with stainless nut-serts, one-of-a-kind custom... but that would be probably $150 to $200... I'd have to take a closer look at mine first.

·
Registered
53 Posts
In fact, call these guys. They don't have that item listed on their website's drop-down list but they have many locations and can access national wrecker databases. They are just a few miles from me and they are the best. Very courteous, very good prices. This is not spam... I'm not affiliated with them. Just a very satisfied customer over the years!

21 - 40 of 52 Posts