SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2001 9-3 has been not starting intermittently. It turns over fine, with lots of power, but one of out every three times it takes constant turning over and pumping to get it to go. Also now it shuts off as I come to a stoplight. It's an automatic and I have to shift it into neutral and keep the RPM about 1 to keep it running. It's seems like it's not getting fuel or something.

I know is a rather generic description, but does anybody have any ideas off-hand what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance for any help...

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
This CPS test may work...assure that the engine will NOT start, then crank here for a few seconds.....a good CPS will cause the tach to read cranking RPM..
"Good" CPSs go bad when the engine is hot..
So, test both hot and cold.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This CPS test may work...assure that the engine will NOT start, then crank here for a few seconds.....a good CPS will cause the tach to read cranking RPM..
"Good" CPSs go bad when the engine is hot..
So, test both hot and cold.
I tried both, hot and cold. When cold it starts up fine and showing cranking RPMs when hot it wouldn't start and shows nothing on the RPMs. So Earthworm do you think its probably the CPS? Thanks again for the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.