SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Wagon or 4-door?

On some of the former there is a wire accessible on opening a panel on the tailgate carpet panel. On the latter - Page 148 in your manual, or thereabouts (its 148 in the 2003 book).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have a manual. I bought one on a CD, but my DVD player won't play it. Now I'm going to have to wait for one to come in the mail. All my trouble started when I put graphite in the ignition switch. For the last 18 months I have been leaving 1 key in the ignition and using the other one to unlock the door. I tried the graphite and the switch works fine, but the car won't start. I can't get the ignition switch out now. UTube says to soak the switch in gas. I tried to get it out like I did before, but I can't get it to come out. And I am someone who doesn't say I can't. Stuck

·
Registered
840 Posts
If its a 4-door, the bundle of wires where it comes from the body to the trunk lid, in the rubber sleeve, bends so much that individual wires can break. When you finally do get it open, I believe you can pull back the sleeve and look at the wires. Someone will hopefully come up with the wire colour for the trunk lock.

I see there's no interior emergency trunk release mentioned in that 2000 manual. Won't a key in the trunk lid do it?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
There is no emergency trunk release in the 1999-2001 9-5 sedans. They installed them in 2002 when they removed the trunk key option.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
I'm hoping that all this not being able to get the key out isn't because of overlooking putting the car in reverse to get the key out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts