SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a line on a local 2000 SE convertible with low miles for its age and manual shift. Exactly what I'm looking for if I can get it for a deal. Don't know anything about the history of the vehicle but I have a call in to the seller to find out.

I have reviewed all the threads in the FAQ about how to buy a 9-3 but didn't see much on any specific issues with specific model years.

So in addition to all the other stuff that one should generally look for when thinking about buying one of these cars, is there anything particular to look out for in the 2000 SE Convertible (manual shift)? Assuming I get this car, what are the first few things I should do to it?

I am pretty handy but really just with things like brakes, fluid changes, belt changes, etc.

Thanks for any tips.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mid-South is what the locals call Arkansas. Not really the South like Georgia and Mississippi and not really Texas. Somewhere in the middle, both geographically and culturally.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: the guy bought it at 25K miles as a certified used car. Now has appx 75K. Has not had any major repair done. Maintained by a guy I know slightly; he runs an independent garage that used to handle my wife's Volvo.

I'm going to look at the car later this week or weekend. Any specific suggestions on what to watch out for?

Thanks.

·
Registered
353 Posts
If you've already read about the usual stuff, like Direct Ignition Cassette, oil sludge, etc. there is nothing that is highly specific to his model.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bntroberts said:
If you've already read about the usual stuff, like Direct Ignition Cassette, oil sludge, etc. there is nothing that is highly specific to his model.
Thanks. I saw that 17 page sludge thread. And I read what a DIC is and I thought to myself that whomever thought that up was a real DIC.

:p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts