SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yeah, I'm having a bit of a conundrum here. I LOVE fixing my car. I find myself tinkering with it constantly just to learn more. I find it addictive, and my car is oh so much better now than when I originally bought it.

To the point, my rear driver's side door automatic lock sometimes works, and then sometimes doesn't. It SEEMS that the more dormant the door is, the more likely it works and that when I open it it's far more prone to not working. I push lock, it does nothing. I push unlock it does nothing. One interesting thing is that it often seems stuck in position when locked and pulling it up is very difficult. I've taken the door completely apart and looked at the opposite door, but can't find any variances or any cause at all.

I hate to take it to a professional, but without some insight, I'll have no choice. PLEASE HELP!

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
I think you need to replace the rear door lock unit. You can probably source one from Ebay or someone on here parting out a car. Someone a while back had a similar problem but it got to the point he couldn't even open the door.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts