SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

So this has been a problem that has been bugging me for weeks now and thanks to being short on cash, I haven't had anyone officially look at it. I have a 2000 Saab 9-5 SE wagon that is having an annoying problem. A few weeks ago, I noticed the audio system was acting a little funny. Let me explain:

When using it in the RADIO mode, the sound plays perfectly fine through all the speakers. However, when I play a CD or use the tape player mp3 adapter it only plays in what I've narrowed down to be the rear driver's side speaker. It's the same story at all volumes. When I switch from a CD back to the radio, it gradually starts playing through all the speakers again. Also, what's more annoying is the volume knob and the few controls (bass, treb, etc) below the knob are not responding. Luckily for me, I have the controls on the steering wheel so it hasn't been a total loss. When I pop the volume knob off, the nut inside seems a little loose and the knob DID respond once when I pushed it as far in as a could to try and turn the system off and on.

I'm having a really hard time trying to pin-point the problem and don't want to go through unnecessary trouble or expenses if someone has a better answer. Any and all help would be incredibly appreciated!

·
Registered
867 Posts
I think your radio could be failing..
I have not heard of these type problems...
other suspects would be the amp, and maybe external CD drive if you have one.
With you getting sound with radio makes me think wiring is ok...
good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts