SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm having issues with the Climate Control. Pretty sure it's the entire control unit so I'm headed to the junkyard tomorrow to see if I can find a replacement. In the interim, I thought I'd check in with you experts to see if there may be something I'm missing. I usually just leave it on Auto and adjust the temp or the fan speed. My wife does something similar-ish and she's been driving it the last month. This morning there is nothing lighting up or functioning with the unit. I popped it out and replaced it a few times to see if something was loose. I did so both with and without the battery connected. No change. I hooked up my Tech 2 to run a diagnostic and the only thing that popped up was that the Climate Control Module was missing from the BUS. I ran it a few times. Anyhow, I'm at a loss. Is there anything, besides the Control Unit that I should be looking at?
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Bryan

·
Registered
9,930 Posts
That does sound like a control unit failure. There's nothing else I can think of that would cause a Tech 2 to not recognize it, short of a pretty severe wiring issue. That's where I'd start, especially since a replacement unit isn't all that expensive.

·
Registered
7,687 Posts
Have you double checked fuses?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That does sound like a control unit failure. There's nothing else I can think of that would cause a Tech 2 to not recognize it, short of a pretty severe wiring issue. That's where I'd start, especially since a replacement unit isn't all that expensive.
Thanks. Yeah, I picked up a used unit and popped it in. The same message comes up on the Tech2, 'Climate Control Module is missing from BUS'.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, I've checked the fuse under the hood for the A/C and the A/C relay. Fuse looked good. Someone had replaced the 10A with a 15A but I don't think that's the issue. I swapped out the relay as well, just in case. Still nothing. Tech2 says the Automatic Climate Control module is missing from the BUS. Any ideas?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looked through the WIS. Not that I'm particularly adept with it, but I couldn't find anything regarding fault tracing got BUS components, specifically the ACC system module. Still looking for any ideas. Thanks again, Bryan

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update - Solved. Looking through the WIS I found the grounding point / crimp for the ACC module. It's located behind the SID & Stereo. It can be accessed through the SID slot. There was a shoddy ground at the post and the nut was loose. Tightened it up and I'm back in business. A/C, etc. all seem to be functioning now.

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
At least you have a spare ACC now.

If you want some fun, try to do an SPS update on the ACC. I'm not sure what exactly changes, but it most likely can be reprogrammed with updated software. I could only do that using a V44 card, though. (Of course you need the computer with TIS on it and the connecting cables.)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
At least you have a spare ACC now.

If you want some fun, try to do an SPS update on the ACC. I'm not sure what exactly changes, but it most likely can be reprogrammed with updated software. I could only do that using a V44 card, though. (Of course you need the computer with TIS on it and the connecting cables.)
Yeaaaahhhhh…..I'm not going to do any rocketry/ACC module programming. I feel good enough that it's actually functioning. I used my old ACC module as the one that I just bought immediately started showing some programming info and I didn't want to deal with it at the moment :)
The funny thing is, I have a bunch of spare parts, like headlights, tail lights,doors SID etc. etc.that I pulled from a parts car I bought a few years ago and scrapped (it had a blown engine). For some reason, the only part I couldn't locate, and I'm sure I pulled, was the ACC module. I'm sure I'll find it now that I've bought another one :)
I STILL need to get the [email protected] to interface with a computer so I can do some stuff on the 9-5 and the 9-3 2.8T. Not sure if I'll ever get that dialed in....

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
The new one did programming info? Maybe it was calibrating. Although I would expect your old ACC to calibrate as well after being installed. There is no marriage needed for ACC.

If you haven't set up Tech II to computer interface, you probably don't need to bother. Just about everything you need to do with a 2000 9-5 will be with just the Tech II.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The new one did programming info? Maybe it was calibrating. Although I would expect your old ACC to calibrate as well after being installed. There is no marriage needed for ACC.

If you haven't set up Tech II to computer interface, you probably don't need to bother. Just about everything you need to do with a 2000 9-5 will be with just the Tech II.
Yeah, I believe it started calibrating. My old one must have retained the settings.
You're right, I don't think I'll need the computer interface with the 9-5 but I think I'd like to have it so I can marry a new module if required. Also, I have a 2006 9-3 SportCombi and I'd like to be able to goof around with the settings, etc.

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
Marrying a 9-5 module does not require security access.

But yes, if you have an NG9-3, you absolutely want to have security access available for that car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, exactly. Hopefully I can figure out the interface so I can get security access before I lose interest and move to something else :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts