SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2000 9-3 that needs an engine. It has the 2.0 high pressure engine (B205R). Can I put the low pressure engine from a 99 or any other 2.0L in it. I'm assuming all the 2.0's will bolt up just a difference in accessories and the computer. Which one will bolt in the easiest besides the B205R. What will I have to change? ECU? etc.

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
I would think for the most part, you are correct. Any 2.0l should bolt right on. I certainly do not know what else would be involved. The right turbo with that engine, at least, unless the 99 was also a HOT.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Looking at the Saab EPC CD, B204 and B205 enines have different part numbers for some cable harnesses. The most obvious one is the ECU wiring, but there may be others. I would start with the EPC and compare the engine types, or at least have the CD handy in case...

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Sawyer said:
I bought a 2000 9-3 that needs an engine. It has the 2.0 high pressure engine (B205R). Can I put the low pressure engine from a 99 or any other 2.0L in it. I'm assuming all the 2.0's will bolt up just a difference in accessories and the computer. Which one will bolt in the easiest besides the B205R. What will I have to change? ECU? etc.
When you say "needs an engine" what exactly does it need? block? heads? etc...

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
The 2.3 from the 9000 has been succesfully replacing the 2.3 in the 9-5 and Viggen. It shouldn't be a hard swap. Just bolt everything else up to the 900 block. You may need a reflash though. Nick T had been saying somehing about different bores and strokes on the 205 and 205r.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was wondering about this also. I just bought a 02 9-3 Convertible with aB205R in it that has a rod knock. I was wondering if the B205L was the same long block so I could use the B205L long block and my Intake,Exhaust,Turbo,ect.... Looks like I can buy a low pressure for about half what they want for a HOT.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts