SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My hoses and cylinder/rams are also leaking. I've addressed all that and even had East of Sweden reset the computer. Now, when I initiate the sequence to drop my top, the hydraulic motor works and the the area just below the back window lifts about 1/2 inch. Then I get the fault indication in my SID. I can't see what's going on because the trunk needs to be fully closed in order to move the top. Does anyone know what's failing?

PS: I refilled with the proper GM hydraulic fluid and checked the shear pin.

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
What is supposed to happen next is that the fifth bow-that's the one that rests upon the tonneau-is to raise vertically to be out of the way so that the tonneau can lift up and uncover the storage bag for the top. I think that some sensor is telling control that something isn't right-like there is something in the storage bag-one owner kept his golf clubs in there-another owner kept his spare DIC in the top storage bag! But there could be other problems with some microswitch or potentiometer. I think a tech with a Tech 2 could find the fault.
If you released the tonneau lift assembly in order to lift the tonneau manually, did you reset it? (I do not know know how to do that)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Micoswitch

Got to be a microswitch...mine does it every time the top is lowered. Fifth bow rises about 2 inches and stops with failure...I release the button and start over and all is good....top lowers no problem.

This does not happen if I lower and raise the top several times in succession.

Where did you get the rams?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been away. Thanks for the responses. I didn't replace the rams, I used the seal souton posted here, however, in the end, it didn't work. Many other systems are/have failed in this car so I've been focusing money and attention on those. If more stuff keeps failing, I'll have to sell the car. It's run me around $1k per month in repairs every month so far. I'm hoping the problems eventially stop.

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
It sounds to me that you should leave the top up like all of us sedan owners do.

If you try to sell it with the top not working, expect to take a big loss if the buyer is knowledgeable with the cost of Saab parts... Ron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts