SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 OG 9-3 Aero (B205R T7 Engine) - that's a bit odd. The car has the Aero Spoiler but it sits pretty high above the ground (pretty much like the red one here : https://www.netcarshow.com/saab/2000-9-3_aero_coupe/) and the suspension is complete rubbish.

I was under the impression that the AERO should have Sport (lowered) suspension. Is that correct or am i missing something here? My suspension codes are AX (or AY, can't remember exactly) but when looking at the EPC it doesn't say if these are sport or not, it just gives the color codes...

·
Registered
81 Posts
As far as I know, B205R has a 10mm lowered spring.

However, I tried to swap the B205R spring to a standard spring (unintentionally by mistake), and in my opinion, I can’t see nor feel the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
The viggen has lowering springs, not sure about the model you are referring to though. Maybe its a euro thing?

·
Registered
10,282 Posts
Like Himhk said, the Aero (and also the SE) was just barely lower than the standard model. It's not really noticeable, unlike the Viggen, which sits much lower in the front, at least, than a base, SE, or Aero model. Even the "sport" suspension is pretty crude compared to a lot of other cars from the era. I have a 2000 9-5 Aero, and it handles so much better than my lowered '97 900 that it's not even funny.

·
Registered
2000 9-3 Aero 5d
649 Posts
I have a 2000 9-3 Aero also. My understanding is that both the Viggen and the Aero were lowered by 10mm from the standard 9-3. That's where it ends because we know the Viggen had 17 " rims and the Aero only 16". Spring codes for mine are orange/white white/orange by memory - which map to AZ / BF. The Aero also had different strut and sway bar codes from the normal base 9-3. So it may not be 'sport' compared to others - but there were some elements that were better than the base 9-3 at the time. If you replace the orginal parts with something like koni yellow struts - you'll get a nice result. On that - the normal struts were SACHS, however if you look at the Koni Catalogue at the time - Koni made Struts for the 9-3 also. So perhaps 'Sport' could be having Koni struts etc installed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts