SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here to SAAB central so if this is not the place for this let me know. I have read some of the post of the convertible top problems. I know how to work on cars and repair parts. SO here is what I know on this 2000 93. Set parking brake, unlatch top and press top down button. 5th bow motor does release. Pump starts and runs. Little to no movement and the Drivers Information (DI) comes up, " Soft top failure" Pump fluid is full. Looking at the cylinders some wetness but no big leaks. Release the pump valve relieve. I can manual lower and raise the top. Determined, 5th bow motor works. Boot motor, not sure? But manual it will unlock and looking at the U joint and shear pin it is OK. Pump motor working but is it building pressure? I do not know. What I think there is 7 switches?? What does the two in the trunk do? Is there a procedure for checking this top out?? or diagram on this in the forum. I do not have a Tech 2. What do I check next? I live near Detroit MI.. Thanks Brian or snowworks..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is a 2000 93 let me ask is there trouble codes for the Convertible top?? I think not for this year. The change in 2002 and up may be there is. Getting confused on what I see on the net. I took apart more of the top area and see now that there is a 5th bow motor and that works. But no pump motor with the switch. I took apart the pump area and traced the wires from the pump to the relays. Jumped the pump motor and the motor runs but nothing works. I realize that the solenoids need to work to get pressure to the proper cylinders. I hope some one can help me out with the top.. Thanks

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
There is trouble codes for soft top.
You need TECH2 to manually operate soft top individually.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts