SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched and come across some similar experiences but not fitting my issue. Hopped in the car this morning tried sliding the seat back a smidgen and all I got was a click. I tried forward and it worked as expected including any forward tilt and backrest forward. Any backward adjustment; slide seat, backrest tilt and seat angle tilt are met with just a click. All other seats are fine. Any thoughts or answers?

Eric

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
try movi ng the seat back without you sitting in it. Had similar problem a year or so back and it was due to me always jumping into my seat when i got in and it broke something. never looked but was always able to move it without me sitting in it

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried that also but no luck. I am thinking it was the switch but think it is odd that it is all the rear motion actions and none of the forward ones and I get the click when I try to do any of the rear motions. Also forgot to mention, I did get a "Time for service" alert on the SID but those tend to be timed unless a major glitch is recorded.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Do you have memory seats? if so, What happens when you activate it?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do and when I select between the 2 settings that are set (mine and wife's which have different mirror and seat positions) the mirrors are the only things that move to those positions. I tried sitting in car and standing outside with the same results.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Sounds like the memory module; you will have to remove the seat, disconnect the wire harness at the module and put straight power to the motors; when you get the side cover off also put power to the switch connections to check those as well. The memory module is right under the front of the seat; can't get to it with the seat on too many tie wraps holding the harness.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Saaber95. Would the memory module also stop the seat from going back via the adjustment levelers?

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Yes it would; all the seat functions go thru the module; if you disconnect the module you will have access to all the seat motors and functions. Also check the relay under the seat; it controls the seat motors.

Thanks Saaber95. Would the memory module also stop the seat from going back via the adjustment levelers?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did and it is solid and there are no obstructions on the track.

Do I need to take the seat out to change the memory module and do I need to worry about the airbag?

Thanks all.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
follow-up

Just in case anyone else has this problem I fixed it.

It was indeed the seat module but because the seat was stuck in the most forward position I could not get to the front seat bolts to take the seat out. I raised the seat as high as it could go (it would not go down or back but up and forward it would) and disconnected the 2 front wire harnesses. The Module is attached to a larger frame that just clips onto the seat so you can pull it off carefully. There are quite a few attached wires to the larger frame so taking it all the way out was not an option. I clipped a couple zip ties that held the wires tight and gained enough wiggle to move the frame to the back where I could disconnect the back wire harness on the module. Pushing it forward again I could undo the torx screws holding the module to the frame. Reverse for the install. PITA but about 2 hours later my seat works and I have my car back again.

I did find a way to manually move the seat but it required a special tool and by that point I was already halfway done so fyi.

Cheers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts