SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this site, and this is my first Saab. The other day on the way home from work, I noticed trouble with shifting and power loss.(Automatic transmission). There was an intermittent whirring sound and tachometer was fluctuating between 0 and 4,000 rpms. The check engine light started flashing, and I pulled over. Some black smoke from the exhaust, as well. I replaced the spark plugs with the proper NGK brand. No change. I have a generic scanner and DTC P1300 came up. I don't have much money, is there any way I can get it home (about 6 miles) until I can afford repairs. Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Faulty intercooler hose

Thank you for your reply. The D.I.C. was what I feared, but fortunately the intercooler hose had slipped off. I was able to rig it until I find a new one. It is in rough shape, but the car runs ok. Now I am getting a P0705 trouble code. I will try removing the shift selector and cleaning it. The one under the battery, can't recall exactly what it's called at the moment. At least my car is at home now. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts