SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!
I have a 2000 9-5 that is blowing proper climate control from the drivers side and hot as Hades air from the passenger side! If I place both sides on LO, I can get cold air, but anything other than LO, gets the HOT HOT HOT air only from the passenger side! I checked for codes and got a code 11. I believe this is the pass side blend door fault. All doors seem fine. Any help?

·
Registered
740 Posts
I believe your diagnosis is correct and it is the passenger blend door problem. Do a search for code 08 and see how people fix it. The passenger side is more-less the same deal, just on the other side. You will need to remove the glovebox to get to the motor/shaft.

Good luck!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Climate control

I have had the glove box out, but for the life of me cannot identify the pass side blend door. Is it straight ahead of teh glove box?

T H A N K Y O U!:cheesy:

·
Registered
740 Posts
The HVAC unit is in the middle of the dashboard. When you remove the lower cover over the passenger footwell and the glovebox you will see 2 stepper motors up there on the left side (on the side of the HVAC unit). You might need to remove the elbow vent with the temperature sensor in it (looks like a needle) before you get access to them. Can't tell you right now which one is which, but one motor is for passenger blend door and the other is for air distribution. The one for the blend door should be closer to the open vent (the one you just removed the elbow vent from; you should feel the blend door shaft in there if you stick your finger).

Hope that helps, and that someone will perhaps pitch in here with some pictures (I don't have any)

CHeers

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
climate control

THANKS so much! ia m going to pull that glove box out again and see or feel what I can find!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts