SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,
Advice needed:
My Saab, pictured in my profile is being sold. I cannot afford the time necessary to maintain and tinker with it now that I have two young kids (under 2). We just purchased a new car and the 9-5 is sitting. The problems with the car are as follows (in order of severity):
- turbo is on its way out. Slight ticking upon heavy acceleration.
- rear bushings need to be replaced. Excessive negative camber causing cupping on rear tires. There are new tires on there now.
- service theft alarm is malfunctioning so I pulled the fuse to avoid angry neighbors. Needs batteries replaced.
- I replaced the ABS control module with a refurbished from BBA and must have received the incorrect module. My TCS light remains on, all other features work including abs (I tested for safety).
The car runs but I need advice, do I sell or part out the car? Donate for the tax write off?
Thanks all for reading.

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
You'll get the most out of it if you part it. But that will take the longest. (I want the front lip if you part it)

Donating it will be the easiest. (I still want the front lip if you donate it. They wont miss it. :cheesy:)

If you have the time and the space I'd part it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Is it an automatic or 5 speed??
If you were to sale it,how much would you want for it?
The guys are right parting out gives you the most,but this is such a beautiful saab that will make someone else as happy as you have been for the time of your ownership..let me know,i think i have a buyer for you.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can take any pictures you would want. The car is an automatic and has 180,000 miles. I bought it with 109000 and was the second owner in 2009. Thanks for your help. I would be happy to get $1500 out of it. $2000 would be ideal.

Or would be willing to trade for a 62cm full carbon road bike. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts