SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday was able to drive car ok during day. In evening needed to pop out to pick up kid and was unable to get the car in reverse - and the gear lever was not firm - it felt like I was stirring a pot of soup... not a nice feeling. I rolled car out of driveway, but couldn't engage 1st properly either to pull off.. managed to get back into drive, but unpleasant odour in cab and around car. Is this a linkage problem or a seal? not really sure where to start.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Yesterday was able to drive car ok during day. In evening needed to pop out to pick up kid and was unable to get the car in reverse - and the gear lever was not firm - it felt like I was stirring a pot of soup... not a nice feeling. I rolled car out of driveway, but couldn't engage 1st properly either to pull off.. managed to get back into drive, but unpleasant odour in cab and around car. Is this a linkage problem or a seal? not really sure where to start.
could very well be clutch going out, also your shift linkage may have disconnected or broken loose. If your mechanically inclined you can fix it yourself or have shop do the work. But if its the clutch it wont be cheap and if its the linkage, you may be lucky and just have a loose linkage that just needs to be tightened, or unlucky and its broken and needs to be replaced

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
doesn't feel like the clutch - which was replaced a bit more than a year ago. think it is a linkage that has slipped.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
we have been looking and it seems it was a linkage that needed tightening - now able to engage gears....YAY

1 - 4 of 4 Posts