SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been looking at some forums and I've seen that i may have shocked the system with a battery arc and possibly fried the crank or cam position sensors? The car was running ok aside from a misfire code and then when I tried to start it after at night out the thing wouldnt fire. Well my drunk **** disconectted the battery like an idiot cause it likes to go dead after a day or 2 of sitting. So when I got it home I couldnt pull any codes.. Fml
Anywho back to the shocking of the thing. I read that it could be my crank or cam position sensor. Im just gonna say F it and buy both but I'm trying to be a cheap ******* about it. Ive seen some 15 to 25 dollar ones. Has anyone had any luck with the cheap ones that I'm assuming are from china?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Will it crank now or it will not turn?
If its cranking check if the neddle of the tachno moves when you are cranking, it is moves your cps is ok.
Are you sure you dont have a spark and have fuel?

When I was trouvleshooting my no start on the same car, i have pulled out dic, put it upside down, stick spark plugs in and tried to crank it, ot showed me that i have spark, i did not have enough fuel pressure.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I’ve never had to do it but just as non-original DIC cassettes are a false economy, so are crank position sensors. Apparently it should be OEM or nothing. I don’t think it has a cam position sensor so that should save you $!

I know someone who had his 9-5 die at cruise speed. Recovery guy thought fuel pump. Turned out to be the DIC connector had worked loose, so I’d check that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If its cranking check if the neddle of the tachno moves when you are cranking, it is moves your cps is ok.

When I was trouvleshooting my no start on the same car, I have pulled out dic, put it upside down, stick spark plugs in and tried to crank it, ot showed me that i have spark, i did not have enough fuel pressure.

It will crank, yeah. I didnt look at the tac so I'll look in alittle bit. I did check it for spark though and had none and I can hear my fp run when I turn the key on.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ve never had to do it but just as non-original DIC cassettes are a false economy, so are crank position sensors. Apparently it should be OEM or nothing. I don’t think it has a cam position sensor so that should save you $!

I know someone who had his 9-5 die at cruise speed. Recovery guy thought fuel pump. Turned out to be the DIC connector had worked loose, so I’d check that.
I put an ngk DIC in it after it left me stranded, and the connector was the first thing I checked. And yeah, I reallized that it doesn't have a cam sensor after trying to look one up.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

When I was trouvleshooting my no start on the same car, i have pulled out dic, put it upside down, stick spark plugs in and tried to crank it, ot showed me that i have spark, i did not have enough fuel pressure.

Tac doesnt move when i crank it, so cps is bad i guess. Thanks for the help :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts