SaabCentral Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
I don't know if this can be done with a manual trans or not, but usually the way to check the motor mounts is to have the car in park, not running, and push the car forward and back to see how much it rocks back and forth.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Sooo I figured out the sound, my exhaust manifold gasket had a leak. It blew out finally to where it was obvious that there was an exhaust leak. Which explains my power loss. Not sure why it wouldn't leak when the car was cold though. Thats what was throwing me off got it all back together today.
Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Sooo I figured out the sound, my exhaust manifold gasket had a leak. It blew out finally to where it was obvious that there was an exhaust leak. Which explains my power loss. Not sure why it wouldn't leak when the car was cold though. Thats what was throwing me off got it all back together today.
Thanks for all the help.
AWESOME, glad it was an "easy" fix

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Thanks for all the help.
Nice. Didn't see any loose bearings, conrods or valves flying out of there then. Merry Christmas :cool:

41 - 44 of 44 Posts