SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres the vin:
YS3DD35H7Y2004562

Is this a HOT or a LOT Model, any way to tell? Ive only driven a 9000 aero before, and it was slower... but i dont know if it was 185hp slow or 200+hp slow.

Any Idea how to find out what it is? The used car dealer is clueless.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sigh, nevermind its low output. Is there a cheap way to get this things performance up or should I just go for a hot?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From what I read its the 8th symbol that tells the engine type... H being lpt, N being lpt with intercooler, and k being hpt. right or no?

·
Registered
885 Posts
Lou...

sorry. Allow me to correct myself.

the 5th character is for base or SE in the US. All base units in the US for the 93 are LPT and all SE units in the US for the 93 are HOT

You are also correct on the 8th character as the engine type. But if you're looking at US spec 93 cars, the 'DD' will always be 'H' and the 'DF' will always be 'K'

hope that explains.

(I went through this last summer when looking also)

and welcome to the club.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Melovesha said:
the 5th character is for base or SE in the US. All base units in the US for the 93 are LPT and all SE units in the US for the 93 are HOT
Unless its a '99 of course in that case only some SE's are HOT, but with 200hp, not 205. They also dont have the TD04, but they do have T-5 and the crossflow IC. In that VIN you will look for I belive a "p". Tricky tricky;).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I live in Norwalk, names James though. Im having a horrible time finding a hpt down here for less then 12 g's...any ideas?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nah James Wylie, I know Jimmy Lyons though, played lacrosse with him way back.

Price range is anything under 13k.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i can def find one for you do you prefer any colors or manual or auto tranny? also, what year would you prefer? and stuff like that. i have good hookups so finding cars isnt really a problem for me. :cheesy: call me at (203) 803-3613 in a week or two and i'll tell you what i've found

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Marks900SE said:
Unless its a '99 of course in that case only some SE's are HOT, but with 200hp, not 205. They also dont have the TD04, but they do have T-5 and the crossflow IC. In that VIN you will look for I belive a "p". Tricky tricky;).
yes, look for the P.....

And the guy that tells you a 99 H.O.T. isn't 205HP has never driven one. ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts