SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a used 2000 SE for my son. Did the center armrest come standard? Searched the Forum and many made it sound like they had aftermarket ones. The reason I ask is that this one slants down 15-20 degrees from horizontal. Wondered if anyone has experience adjusting it. There seems to be no external attachement screw.

·
Registered
10,322 Posts
The 9-3 didn't come with an armrest. There were two types offered as accessories from Saab: a vinyl one that attaches to the existing cupholder lid and a sliding leather type that replaces the lid. The leather one is pretty flat, but the vinyl one does slope down a little bit.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
If you get tired of it, I know some people would like the armrest real bad.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
You can buy center armrest from the dealer for about $100. I bought one with matching leather cover. As an added bonus you get a large storage space.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Jeremy R. said:
The 9-3 didn't come with an armrest. There were two types offered as accessories from Saab: a vinyl one that attaches to the existing cupholder lid and a sliding leather type that replaces the lid. The leather one is pretty flat, but the vinyl one does slope down a little bit.
Hmmmm... we have no cupholder in the center under the armrest, only in the dash by the radio.There's a rectangular "box" there under the armrest but no cupholder. The armrest attaches to the driver seatback. Maybe they took out the cupholder to put in this armrest?

Maybe I'll post a picture if I can get time this wekend.

·
Registered
10,322 Posts
I forgot about the seat-mounted armrest! I've barely ever seen those. It may be that you can't flip that one out of the way enough to use the cupholder so the previous owner just removed it. You can get a new one at the dealer. It also has a coin holder in it, which I use all the time for parking meter change.

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
zinfandel said:
Maybe I'll post a picture if I can get time this wekend.
Not neccasary. Yours was removed. There's no way it could get in the way of the armrest. Maybe they sold it on Ebay. They are hot items. Seems a lot of folks are missing them.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I just paid the $70 from the Dealer, it will arrive Thursday.

I was surprised that the Dealer did not have any in stock ... he said that they get little to no demand for them.

the cup holder in the center council is an inset in mine (1999) that comes right out...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts