SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For sale is a 2000 Saab 9-3, with a custom Stage 3 dyno tune by the folks at Genuine Saab.

THE GOOD STUFF:
Car has 174,400 miles on it, but the engine and turbo only have about 50,000 miles on them since they were rebuilt at 120,000 miles.
5spd manual transmission
Leather seats, with heating front and rear. Front seats are powered, with drivers side memory settings.
Automatic climate control
Automatic windows and doors
Power Sunroof
Anti-theft system. System has a microphone inside car that detects when glass is broken.
Owners manual.

The car has been dyno tuned by Genuine Saab in Missouri. The car has the following upgrades:

ENGINE
JE Forged Pistons
Block bored .5MM oversize
3" Genuine Saab Downpipe & Race Cat
Genuine Saab Turbo Inlet
ETS Performance front mount intercooler
Genuine Saab Open Air intake
T5 Camshafts - these flow better air above 4,000 RPM
Taliaferro / Genuine Saab custom Stage 3 ECU tune
Autometer Boost Gauge
Autometer Oil Pressure Gauge
Genuine Saab short shifter
Viggen Clutch & Pressure Plate
Magnaflow 2.5" Exhaust
276whp

SUSPENSION:
Koni fully adjustable dampeners and lowering springs
Genuine Saab 22.5mm Anti Roll Bar
Genuine Saab Poly bushings

XM Radio
Aux audio input

22mpg city, 33+mpg highway

So why am I selling this car? In the last 7 months I've spent $3,000 on parts alone. While the engine and turbo only have 50,000 miles, the rest of the car has 174,xxx miles, so lot of things have broken and have been replaced. Here's what I have repaired or replaced in the last 7 months:

used driver's side door (old one was rusting along bottom) from Goldwing Saab
used A/C compressor from Goldwing Saab (A/C runs perfect now)
had a leaking power steering line repaired
Replaced all the brakes with new components. New rotors, new brake pads, new brake hardware front and rear, and a new left rear brake caliper.
New emergency brake cable
Front tires wore out prematurely due to incorrect alignment. Installed two brand new HK Ventus V4 tires in the rear and had rears moved up front. Also had alignment done. All four tires are the same make and model.
New fuel pump from eEuroparts.com
New Distributor Hole Plug from eEuroparts.com to stop small oil leak.
Rebuilt 130 amp alternator from eEuroparts.com
New serpentine belt
New serpentine belt tensioner
New Idler Pulley
New battery
New Valve Cover Gasket

Even though Saab no longer exists, parts are not hard to find for this car. eBay is a great source. Goldwing Saab is a great source for used parts, especially body parts. The best source for new parts is eEuroparts.com.

This car still needs some work, but unfortunately I've run out of money. Here's a list of its current issues:

1. Doesn't seem to like long highway drives. This doesn't happen all the time, but if you shut the car off and then start it again, the check engine light will be illuminated. It will go out and stay off on its own after driving it around town for a couple days. The codes it is throwing are p1312 and p1334, which are misfires on all cylinders. Most likely cause is the ignition cassette, which takes about 10 minutes to replace, but it costs about $400 - $500 from eEuroparts.com

2. 8 days ago I was driving at night and the instrument panel lights went out. Everything in the car still worked, but I pulled over and shut the car off. I tried restarting it to see if the lights would come back on, but it wouldn't start. It started on the third try, but still no lights on the instrument panel. I drove it home and halfway there the lights came back on. The next morning the car wouldn't start, but it did start later that afternoon and it has started every day since. Everything has been working perfectly since then.

3. Right front ball joint rubber boot is missing. The joint is still good and I have a new rubber boot for it, but haven't installed it.

4. Since I'm trying to sell it, I removed the sound system that was in it. I'm selling that separately. The car still has the stock CD player and radio, but you will have to install some new speakers. Not a big deal.

Overall this car is awesome, but it's 12 years old and I can no longer afford to put money into it.

I'm looking to get $2100.00 for it, which is KBB in fair condition. If you're interested, shoot me an email ([email protected]) or call or text me at 254 - four four six - 2286.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
question ?

why do you run with a black cassette ? that maybe why u have that check engin light and that starting prob ?

or it only the red one painted black ?

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
You list ed the WHP, but what torque figures did it make?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Dudes I just bought this car last night. Drove it 8 hours home today. Solid freaking car didn't give me one problem. Best deal on a car I've ever got.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Good for you man, how's the power?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Just came in here to say, 'how is this thing not sold yet?!?!' Hahaha

Dudes I just bought this car last night. Drove it 8 hours home today. Solid freaking car didn't give me one problem. Best deal on a car I've ever got.
Typical anal Saab owner for ya. Enjoy and cheers! ;ol;

·
Registered
418 Posts
Good for you man, how's the power?
Good. It's all there. 3rd gear pulls are amazing. Hydraulic clutch feels different. Had a ng900. All stock. This is definitely a lot faster and feels better on the road all around.

Seller was top notch too. Good kid serving as a mechanic in the army down there. He assured me 99.9 percent it would make the 8 hour trip and he was right.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts