SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i got 2 problems, these are the problems i have atm on a saab 9-5

when you press the air recirculation, i can still smell the smells form outside (exhaust fumes, cow poo (when at country roads))

also i seen to see cracks in the paint above the passenger doors, where the rain falls down to and goes around the door

any fixes anyone wishes to suggest?

note: this is a 9-5 1999 (T) reg

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
You probably need a new cabin filter. For the cracks in the water channel above the windows; I had this in the rear above the doors my car is black. I used black rubber silicone and pressed it by hand into the cracks then covered with a smooth layer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You probably need a new cabin filter. For the cracks in the water channel above the windows; I had this in the rear above the doors my car is black. I used black rubber silicone and pressed it by hand into the cracks then covered with a smooth layer.
ah thank you, also wheny ou say cabin filter, you mean th air filter for the cabin area (obviously) but like sometimes refered to as a air con filter?

normally under the passenger side's cabin module (near the glove box)??
or have they put it in a diff area in the saab?

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
ah thank you, also wheny ou say cabin filter, you mean th air filter for the cabin area (obviously) but like sometimes refered to as a air con filter?

normally under the passenger side's cabin module (near the glove box)??
or have they put it in a diff area in the saab?
Your right, that's the one in that area behind the AC/Heating Unit.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
There is a flap control unit PITA to get out/in, When you go in there you should see the controls for the vent check that everything is working and you can hear the vents opening and closing in recirc on/off mode. Also in the filter area check the compartment for leaves and other dbris and clean it out before installing the new filter. Try to get the best filter available if your going to be riding through the country.:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is a flap control unit PITA to get out/in, When you go in there you should see the controls for the vent check that everything is working and you can hear the vents opening and closing in recirc on/off mode. Also in the filter area check the compartment for leaves and other dbris and clean it out before installing the new filter. Try to get the best filter available if your going to be riding through the country.:)
umm could you tell me where that is, i've never actualy worked on a saab, or done any auxilary stuff on cars, i've done engines and trans + basic elect

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
umm could you tell me where that is, i've never actualy worked on a saab, or done any auxilary stuff on cars, i've done engines and trans + basic elect
Maybe this will help check for broken levers #14 on the side of the heating unit; also check #5 the stepping unit. If you get a code from the ACC re-calibration it will tell you which side R or L if bad. The second pic shows the cabin filter #12 #34 is the flap unit it runs behind the dash "PITA".

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh thank you soo much, really nice software, is that the same one workshots use? also will i need a fault finder?

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
oh thank you soo much, really nice software, is that the same one workshots use? also will i need a fault finder?
On the software yes this is from the EPC (electronic parts catalog). No you don't need a code reader when you re-calibrate the ACC if there’re any codes you will see them on the ACC screen. To re-calibrate start the engine and press the AUTO and OFF buttons simultaneously. If there are system faults you will get codes. The code reader only comes in handy if you get the CEL.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
On the software yes this is from the EPC (electronic parts catalog). No you don't need a code reader when you re-calibrate the ACC if there’re any codes you will see them on the ACC screen. To re-calibrate start the engine and press the AUTO and OFF buttons simultaneously. If there are system faults you will get codes. The code reader only comes in handy if you get the CEL.
oh i see am such a novice /noob with saabs... also i looked at the under of the passenger and there was a pull way bit, there is nothing aobev it ... what's the point in that? and if am guessing right, it is abit more above - i need some screw bits to get to the filter...

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts