SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the GenuineSaab front subframe brace, and I can't seem to find an obvious point to mount it. Is there something I am missing? I held the brace up under the car to check visually if there was any mounting point but I couldn't find anything obvious. Where do I mount it?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
23 Posts
well i never put one in but i think you would have one attach to the drivers side of the subframe abd the other on the other side. what came with it for hardware?

mayb someone who has done it could halp you more.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought it went under the downpipe, but I didn't think about the one hole being above the plastic shield. THank you for the quick and helpful replies. I just installed the GenuineSaab rear ARB today, so I am hoping for a great improvement in handling, even though the 6-point brace would have been better (tight budget this year).

·
Registered
10,597 Posts
Don't expect a whole lot out of the 2-point subframe brace. I've had one on for a couple of months, and I can't say that I notice much of a difference. Taliaferro was great about helping me out with the install, though. I couldn't figure out for the life of me how it went on, so I sent them an e-mail and they responded quickly with a link to some pictures showing exactly where it bolted on. I also replaced the nuts, bolts, and washers with stainless steel ones so I don't ever have to worry about rust.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not looking for an earth-shaking difference, just hoping that everything together will give the car more predictable and roll-free handling (also less steering slop when I install the steering rack clamp).

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
now im thinkin why can you just make your own 2pt subframe brace?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
lowbudgethero said:
now im thinkin why can you just make your own 2pt subframe brace?
I thought about it too, but It's not that expensive from GS, and they already did all the measuring/cutting/welding, etc. that would take a few hours to do at home, so why not just buy it? I could see if it was like $200 for a simple 2-point brace, but the thing is only like $62.

Edit: Got it done, was simple enough, but that damn undercar plastic is TOUGH! My tin snips got a workout today. Wouldn have been easier except I can't find my ramps...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
project13 said:
What your ramps just get fed up with all the abuse you give them and grow legs and walk off? :lol:
They get used by many people in the family, so sometimes nobody knows where they are. They are communal, really...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts